Reiki (霊気?, /ˈreɪkiː/) is a spiritual practice that was developed in 1922 by Japanese Buddhist Mikao Usui. Since its beginning in Japan, Reiki has been adapted across varying cultural traditions. It uses a technique commonly called palm healing or hands-on-healing as a form of alternative medicine. Through the use of this technique, practitioners transfer "universal energy" (i.e., reiki) in the form of qi (Japanese: ki) through the palms, which allows for self-healing and a "state of equilibrium".
Reiki is a Japanese holistic, light touch, energy based modality which functions as a support mechanism to the body to enhance and accelerate the body’s innate healing ability.
What Reiki does:
- It promotes natural self healing
- Balances the energies in the body/ removes energy blockages
- Treats symptoms as well as causes of disease
- Strengthens immune system
- Balances organs and glands and their bodily functions
- Clears toxins
- Relieves hormonal disorder
- Enhances personal awareness and promotes spiritual growth
- Creates deep relaxation
- Aides in better sleep
- Reduces blood pressure
- Helps relieve pain eg, headaches